If You Are Not Homeschooling...

This year was a year of big changes for Little Love and me. She officially started 4K this fall. I decided to send her to a private school that had a small class size and a home-like atmosphere. Why? Because Sweet Pea was born and was demanding much of my attention.

Needless to say, the transition was a little rough.

I knew that Little Love's first day of school would be hard. And the first week would be even harder as she realized that she would have to face school on her own without any family members by her side. I wanted her to have a keepsake, a talisman of sorts, that would remind her that I love her and am praying for her while she is away.

It couldn't be a toy, because toys are too special if they get broken (plus, they were prohibited by the preschool). It had to be something she could easily see and understand.

Then I stumbled upon this wonderful post by Tie Dye Diva Patterns.

It reminded me of a Mizpah coin necklace that I had worn as a teenager, so I made my own version, incorporating Genesis 31:49. We talked about Jacob and Laban and why the place of Mizpah was significant. God watches over both of us, even when we cannot see each other.

www.everydaysundry.blogspot.com

www.everydaysundry.blogspot.com

I believe that this little bracelet reminded Little Love of both God's love and my love for her throughout those trying first few weeks. She still loves to wear it, and I love to wear mine.


Comments

Popular Posts