Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Pesto


Here's another recipe that is painless, quick and easy. Perfect for the days when you have small people crying and attached to each leg while you're trying to cook dinner.

The original recipe is by Picky Palate and you can find it here. However, like all things, I modified it to suit my family's tastes.

Instead of using chicken thighs, I use 3 large chicken breasts. It seems like we get a bigger bang for the buck that way.

I really like Classico Traditional Basil Pesto. As for the ranch powder mix, I just get whatever is cheapest, usually Hidden Valley.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
  • 3ish large boneless skinless chicken breasts (more or less, depending on your needs)
  • 6 ounce jar of Classico Traditional Basil Pesto
  • 1 package Ranch dressing seasoning mix
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth

Directions

1. Put chicken breasts in slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine pesto, dry ranch mix, and chicken broth. Stir until all clumps of ranch dressing are mixed in.
3. Pour mixture over chicken.
4. Close with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.

This recipe is especially yummy when paired with buttered mashed potatoes and asparagus. Enjoy!



9 comments:

  1. Yummy!
    Perfect for a busy day too.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pesto and chicken in the slow cooker sounds like something my family could ALL love! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! I love making dinner in my slow cooker. I'm following you from the CAST team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is dry ranch mix? Is it like stock powder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look yummy! I think we'll be trying this at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. here's a link to the dry ranch mix http://www.walmart.com/ip/10414049?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=41833582510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem

    ReplyDelete