Here's another recipe that is painless, quick and easy. Perfect for the days when you have small people crying and attached to each leg while you're trying to cook dinner.
The original recipe is by Picky Palate and you can find it here. However, like all things, I modified it to suit my family's tastes.
Instead of using chicken thighs, I use 3 large chicken breasts. It seems like we get a bigger bang for the buck that way.
I really like Classico Traditional Basil Pesto. As for the ranch powder mix, I just get whatever is cheapest, usually Hidden Valley.
Here's the recipe:
- 3ish large boneless skinless chicken breasts (more or less, depending on your needs)
- 6 ounce jar of Classico Traditional Basil Pesto
- 1 package Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Put chicken breasts in slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine pesto, dry ranch mix, and chicken broth. Stir until all clumps of ranch dressing are mixed in.
3. Pour mixture over chicken.
4. Close with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
This recipe is especially yummy when paired with buttered mashed potatoes and asparagus. Enjoy!