Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Slow Cooker Cranberry BBQ Chicken

As I have stated before, I am not a cook.  Not even close.  But having two kids has created a crisis of sorts in my life.  It is simply too much work (and expense!) to drag kids out to eat frequently.  And since my husband's cooking skills consist of "warming stuff up," "setting stuff on fire," and "poisoning your loved ones," it was time to take matters into my own hands.

I am forever thankful to other bloggers who have posted easy recipes that turn out delicious. So easy and so delicious, in fact, that even I can't screw it up with kids hanging off my ankles. Here's the first.

Thank you to Six Sisters' Stuff for sharing this recipe. It has saved dinner many, many times.

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken everydaysundry.blogspot.com


Ingredients:
2 lbs. chicken breasts
1/4 cup dried minced onions
1 (16 oz.) can whole cranberry sauce
1 cup Archer Farms Sweet and Smoky Thick BBQ sauce

Directions:
Combine all ingredients except chicken in mixing bowl. Mix well. Put chicken in slow cooker. Pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low 6-7 hours.

Serves 3ish

I specifically use and recommend Archer Farms Sweet and Smoky Thick Barbecue Sauce, available at Target. It doesn't have high-fructose corn syrup as an ingredient, and it is thick enough to coat the entire chicken while cooking. I have found that thinner sauces slide off as the chicken heats. Oh, and the flavor is finger-lickin' good, y'all.

That's it! Try it and let me know what you think. :)



3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a "nice and easy" recipe. Will need to break out my slow cooker from it's hiding place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love slow cooker recipes! This looks 'mouth watering' yummy!

    ReplyDelete